Blueprint for Nepal National Basketball League (Concept)
1. Start of the league: The league will start in………………………….
2. Name of the League: The Name of the league should be [Sponsors Name] National Basketball League. Example: if the Sponsor is REDBULL; the name of the National Basketball League will be REDBULL National Basketball League (NBL).
3. Teams: Total no of teams in the league will be 4 to 6.
4. Selecting / naming the teams:
The four teams will be named as below (Example)
5. Selecting players to play for the league
We will list 48 best players currently available in Nepal to play in the league. They will be distributed among the 4 teams. The players will be distributed in such way that all 4 teams will be of equal caliber. League Management Committee holds the right to distribute the players and the players should play from the team that they were assigned. If the player refuses to play for the team that they were assigned; the players won’t be allowed to play in the league.
6. Player registration System
Player registration will be done for all the 48 players. Players Registration Act. will be made and will be enforced for the players who will be shortlisted to play in the National basketball league.
7. Appointment of coach
After the distribution of players to 4 teams; each team will be appointed with a head coach and assistant coach.
8. Auction of the team
After the distribution of players to the teams and appointment of Coaches; we will invite & meet corporate houses for the selling of team and the teams will be sold to the corporate house who bids the biggest amount or in mutual understanding between the corporate house and the League.
After the selling of the teams; the teams will be named after the sponsors name. For example
9. League format
Each team will play with each other 4 times. So there will be total of 24 matches in the league. All the matches will be played only on Saturdays (only two matches will be played every Saturday). The league will last for 3 months.
10. How much a player will earn
All the money that come from auctioning / selling the teams will be given to the respective team. The teams will be auctioned in such way that each player and coach will get minimum of Nrs. 10,000.00 per month for the entire league period. (The league will be for 3 months).
11. Management Committee of the League
Following personals will appointed to run the league
- 1 Executive Director: Looks after the overall management of the league
- 1 Technical Director: Looks after the technical aspects of the league
- 1 Legal Manager: Prepare contract papers and legal aspects of the league
- 1 Media Manager: Looks after the media of the league
- 1 Venue Manager: Looks after the venue management and logistic supports
- 1 Marketing & Promotion Manager: Looks after the marketing and promotion of the league
The management of the League will be done by Executive Director (ED) of the National Basketball League.
12. Media engagement and Marketing & Promotion
- All the matches will be aired live in TV channel.
- Newspaper advertisement will be done every Friday and Saturday
- TV promos will be used for promotion
- Preview of matches will be written/aired in various medias
- Various marketing and promotion channels will be used
There will be cheerleading troupes and B Boying dancing during the matches. The traditional panchhe baja will be played during the matches.
Cash Prize will be awarded for the winner and runners up of the league. The cash prize will be given to the team sponsors.
Most Valuable player (MVP) will get a motorcycle.
COMMENTS are WELCOME